Tuesday, June 10, 2008

at a loss

stuck in the store
due to the rain
I just kept putting more
in my basket again

I finally found
a packet of umbrellas
although I was told "no"
when I asked the first fella

if they sold them inside
but he must not have known
luckily there was a lady who did know
by her I was shown

so then I headed back home
to get out of the rain
but was not able to come
down the regular lane

that leads to my house
as it was flooded
and I think it was doused
because of the mudded

up areas created by
what is being called
progress by some
but only caused many to be stalled

there is so much that
is being affected
by those who wear the hat
of those who've been elected

to be in charge of our
fair city and it's
many changes that are
being implemented, and we have so little power

to put a brake on all the mess
that is created by the elite
and so we end up with the anger and the stress
and often feel defeat

when it comes to asking for
a slow down on the sweep
that is cruising by the hour
taking in all that dares to peep

No comments: