Tuesday, February 17, 2009

a kid in trouble

a kid's in trouble-
maybe with the law

and I have to say
that I might have saw

that this could lead
to a place not so good

I could have stopped it
I know now I should

I have a bad feeling
down deep inside

I hope there's repentance
and I hope he's tried

to make amends
and do the right thing

and I have to say I
hope it will serve to bring

a sense of something
that he's learned

and in the future
he won't again get burned

I hope he'll listen
more closely now

to what we say
when saying how

we see a situation
and our ideas

on how to make it better
and prevent this nausea

that to the surface rises-
there is something to be said

for gut instinct on where
a situation could be led

I hope now that we can look ahead
and get past this depression,

with consequences, yes,
that will leave a lasting impression

No comments: