Thursday, May 17, 2007

picking berries

have you ever picked your own berries
it's almost like being in the wild with magic fairies

it is so peaceful, so serene
and these are the prettiest berries you've ever seen

they are so pretty when fully ripe
that you can't help but want to take a bite

you are giddy from the sweet smell
as you hasten to fill your white pail

you can hardly wait for the treats you will make
you can start with jelly, pies, and a cake

these ripe little berries are my favorites by far
at least that is what I think when I am filling a jelly jar

5 comments:

zzzz said...

I love your blog. Do you mind if i make a link from my blog to your blog? I love to write poems too. Thanks for your permission.

silken said...

it would be great. I will drop in to see your blog too and link back to it.

thanks for stopping in!

silken said...

ok, stopped in to your blog, but I couldn't read it. I did notice I was on your blog roll though! hope to see you again! thanks

Kevin the Collie said...

That is a nice poem. We like picking berries, and mushrooms too. It means we go on some nice walks but I don't like hanging around while Mum picks them. At least I get some tasty leftovers to eat, though.
Kevin the Collie xx

silken said...

thanks kevin. glad your mum gives you some leftovers! :)